Priority 3: Increasing diversity and inclusion
Increasing the diversity of the Queensland ICT industry is a shared commitment and key area of focus of MICTAC. The council will seek to increase participation of women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. To achieve this, over the next three years we will:
- drive increased ICT employment and ICT education uptake of target groups
- facilitate the sharing of resources and tools to support diversity and inclusion awareness and understanding in the ICT industry
- champion targeted recruitment programs and resources to increase employment of target groups
- investigate establishing diversity and inclusion networks across the ICT industry to foster a supportive environment
- communicate the benefits of diversity and inclusion in growing the ICT industry.
- Increased employment of target groups in the Queensland ICT industry.
- Increased awareness and support of diversity and inclusion initiatives and benefits.
This consultation has now closed and we are reviewing the responses.